With the introduction of new tools and technologies, it has become easier to get traffic on the website through social media, SEO, and paid marketing. But, it will not guarantee that visitors will turn into potential leads. With this in mind, you must focus on CRO marketing.
CRO marketing helps companies to gain momentum for the long term, and it promotes sustainable business growth. That said, in this article, we will discuss briefly CRO marketing, and why it is the new growing way of digital marketing. So without any further adieu, let’s dive in.
What Is CRO Marketing?
CRO marketing is known as Conversion Rate Optimization marketing, which helps businesses to boost their conversion rate, hence, encourage visitors to take actions such as subscribing to a mailing list, registering for an event, filling a form, etc. These actions can vary from meeting your main business conversion goal to achieving micro conversions.
For example, a user purchasing a product from an eCommerce store is the primary goal; however, clicking on “add to cart” and making a payment could be a micro-conversion.
Now the question is, why CRO marketing is important? There are several reasons why it is important for businesses.
First of all, when you’re investing money in SEO and PPC campaigns, a good conversion rate will provide you with an excellent return on investment (ROI). However, it is crucial to converting those visitors into potential leads rather than attracting more traffic.
More than 60% of business marketers say that CRO marketing is the best approach to boost conversions, and which is why more and more businesses are investing in CRO training. CRO training helps business owners to find a gap that hinders the conversion rate from boosting revenue.
What Are CRO Marketing Goals?
Before implementing the right CRO marketing strategies, it’s imperative to identify your business goals – what exactly you want to achieve from them. Once you have your desired business goals, you can use the A/B testing framework as followed below to test your strategies:
- Do Your Research: First of all, before implementing any strategies, it is important to do thorough research. In the case of CRO marketing, you must use behavioural analysis tools such as surveys, heatmaps, and session records, to get a deep insight into the current position of your website.
- Identify The Top Key Metrics That Directly Impact Your Business Conversion Goals: While implementing, never forget to make observations of data such as online purchase, filling forms, etc., as they will help you compare your conversion rates before and after experimentation.
- Hypotheses: Once you have all the data, it’s time to create testable hypotheses to focus on possible CRO procedures. These procedures must focus on the web pages which required some necessary changes and which of your lead demographics are being targeted.
But what is the meaning of this term ‘Testable’? Testable is imperative for hypotheses to be adequately specific and suggest a change that can realistically be executed and measured for effectiveness. Here is the format of building effective hypotheses:
Changing______into______will help to increase conversion rate, because_____.
- Experiment! Experiment! Experiment: To test the result of social proof on your conversions, run an A/B test. Analyse wherein it should be a landing page without testimonials and a change of the same landing page with testimonials.
- Analyze Your Test Results: Examine your test results for any improvements in conversion rates, including micro conversions. It’s important to run a test until it reaches 95% statistical significance, generating relevant results. Also, don’t forget to document your result metrics for succeeding experimentation actions.
- Revision: The revision step of the successful CRO process is directly related to hypotheses or re-examination of KPIs, greater research into customer segments, revision of company goals into more realistic ones, etc. Like any other scientific process, CRO is a constant process.
CRO Marketing Strategies To Get Started
When you have good traffic on your website, there is a high possibility that those visitors will turn into your customers. And to do this, your CRO strategies should be visitor-friendly.
Here are some of the best CRO marketing strategies which you can implement to boost your conversion rate:
1. Create Text-Based CTAs Within Blog Posts
It’s always a good practice to include CTA in a blog post. However, they sometimes fail to encourage visitors to take the desired action.
Banner blindness is a real aspect related to people becoming accustomed to neglecting banner-like information on websites. This lack of attention coupled with the fact that site visitors don’t always read the full blog post, which means that you need to implement a different approach.
2. Add Lead Flows On Your Blog
Another most important CRO element is a lead flow, high–converting pop-ups designed to attract attention and offer value. You can select from a slide-in box, drop-down banner, or pop-up box, depending on what you are offering.
3. Add Messages To High-Converting Web Pages
There are tons of live chat software available on the internet which you can leverage to chat with your website visitors in real-time and offer support and guidance as needed. Today, more and more companies are leveraging the power of chatbots. When a visitor sticks to a website for a minute, a chatbot appears where visitors can ask any questions.
4. Optimize High-Performing Blog Posts
It’s obvious to say that you need to be consistent in posting blogs on your website. But what is the point of posting a blog without optimizing it?
To optimize your blog, you need to identify your posts with the highest levels of web traffic but low conversion rates. Also, view your blog posts with high conversion rates. To get more traffic and boost conversion rates, you need to optimize content ranking on SERP and updating it regularly to ensure it’s fresh and appropriate for your targeted audience.
5. CRO Marketing By Re-Targeting
In most cases, re-targeting is often overlooked by business marketers. Yet, it is a precious element of digital marketing that can offer several benefits to businesses.
By leveraging the power of retargeting, you can re-engage your previous visitors who left your website without taking any action. It works by tracking visitors to your website and serving them online ads as they visit other sites around the web. This is especially effective when you retarget users who visited your highest-converting web pages.
6. Make Your Landing Page Attractive
As we have mentioned before, landing pages play a crucial role in conversion rate optimization. A landing page is where a visitor becomes a lead, or an existing lead engages more deeply with your brand.
To make your landing page attractive and optimize it correctly, it is important to run A/B tests to identify your best design and content features for your targeted audience.
CRO Marketing Tools: Best Practices
Now you have a glimpse of what exactly is CRO marketing and how it can benefit businesses. Now you might have a question – what are some best CRO marketing tools?
Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered.
Here are some of the best CRO research tools you can use to collect necessary data about your visitors:
Additionally, there are a few best practices that you should follow:
- Keep your ideas clear, have data-based assumptions, and test them before implementing them to your website.
- Leverage the power of the ICE model to rank your best CRO strategies.
How CRO Is Different From SEO?
The above strategies may sound like we are discussing SEO, but this is not the case. CRO and SEO are often confused with one another, but they are both different from each other in reality.
SEO is an approach towards increasing the company’s exposure through on-page and off-page techniques. On-page SEO includes the meta title, meta description, keyword research, etc. Whereas off-page SEO involves link building, guest posting, blog commenting, etc.
That said, conflicts may arise between CRO and SEO. However, these conflicts may be settled down with creativity and experimentation.
How can CRO and SEO be compatible? Here is some example of actions that benefit both:
- User-friendly pages with a clear and relevant heading.
- Well-organized content of products/services.
- Frequent updates to the content of the site.
- Site page loading speed.
CRO marketing can generate great results for your campaigns without compromising your existing strategy.
To sum it up, more than 80% of companies have improved their conversion rates through CRO marketing. Though you need data about your visitors, and once you have that, no one can stop you to outshine in your specific industry.
You can initiate your process by understanding how CRO marketing works and constantly follow the best CRO marketing practices to avoid the most common mistakes.